I used to make stir-fry using one of those seasoning packets, which contain a lot of bad ingredients. Like MSG, preservatives, and other questionable ingredients. I never realized how easy it is to make a good stir-fry without using that seasoning packet. I just cook some rice on the side, use leftover chicken (or cook some if you don’t have leftovers – you can use pork or beef strips too), fry up whatever veggies you want (with some onion) and add soy sauce, garlic, ginger, & some pepper. Easy and so good. For a vegetarian option, eliminate the chicken and add more veggies to make a veggie stir-fry. I actually forgot to put the chicken in one time and no one even noticed.
- 2 boneless/skinless chicken breasts (or you can do beef or pork)
- 1 TB and 1 tsp coconut oil (1 tsp for cooking the chicken and 1 TB for the veggies), or use toasted sesame oil
- a variety of stir-fry veggies (we usually do green beans, broccoli, carrots, and bell peppers because that is what we always have on hand but you can also add cauliflower, peas, zucchini, asparagus, whatever veggies you want)
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup soy sauce (see what I use, pictured below, or you can use coconut aminos)
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp ginger
- 1 cup rice, 2 cups water (or chicken stock)
- sesame seeds (optional)
- Heat up a frying pan with 1 tsp of coconut oil. Add the chicken and cook until both sides are done and there's no pink in the middle.
- Cook the rice by bringing 2 cups of water to a boil, add the rice, bring to a boil. Then turn to low, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Start chopping your veggies while that's cooking. When the chicken is done, set aside for now.
- Then in the same frying pan, add 1 TB of coconut oil (or the toasted sesame oil). Start adding the onion and veggies and cook on medium until all the veggies are tender.
- Add the garlic, ginger, & pepper (and sesame seeds if you want). Cut the chicken into strips or squares and add to the pan. Stir in the soy sauce and cook another 5 minutes to get everything mixed up.
I like to buy the toasted sesame oil at Trader Joe’s sometimes. It’s great for stir-fry!
My daughter likes to take leftover stir-fry in her lunch using a soup thermos to keep it warm:
Here’s the soy sauce I use:
You can purchase it through Amazon:
Or there’s also coconut aminos soy sauce alternative:
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your cost will be the same, but Organic Fibro Mommies will earn a small commission (which helps to offset web hosting fees, maintenance, etc.). Your support is greatly appreciated!